Tuesday, July 20, 2010

100 posts!!...and more vintage paper love...


That's a lot of blog miles, huh?  

Haha!  Wow!  I am at 105 posts now, and I wasn't even paying attention!  Yay, me!  So, I have decided that I like my blog being about everyday things, and that it can mean anything:  thrift finds, crafting, cooking, and things that I like to do that I can share with you.  The best part of the whole thing is that it is FREE girl time for me, and hopefully for you too.  If you have any ideas, let me know.  Here are a few of mine. 

My friend, Leanne, makes some MAD pickled okra.  I am going to commission her for a canning lesson and I will post our little kitchen adventure here. (er....um...I ate half the jar in one day...it's that good).  



I've been sewing a lot.  A LOT.  And I saw some pretty cute things in Sew Darn Cute that I want to make for Christmas presents.  I am on the hunt for pretty vintage bath towels now.  My family thinks I'm nuts.  I ask for all the ugly stuff they want to throw out or have thrown out, or that they took to the lake because nobody cares if it winds up in the trash from stinky swimming lake kids.  

I got some pretty vintage sheets for Katie's bed this weekend.  They are pink and white striped and some that look like we had when I was a kid.  She has also scored some cute dress up dresses at the thrift shop lately, which makes me think there are some little girl sewing projects on the horizon. 

I'm making The Pioneer Woman's Braised Brisket.  Oh, yum.  Come have dinner with me.

Of course, the paper is still taking over my studio, and from the vintage map stationary I had made some time ago, I decided to make some vintage map note cards in a cute little kraft envelope.  And I still have those vintage findings that you can make your own with too. 



A few fun things I've found...

Skip to My Lou's Bake, Craft, and Sew Along for handmade Christmas gifts. I'm getting some great ideas there.

Elsie's blog party is Friday.  Yay!

Cassie has been adding cute things to her so sweet house.  Love her.   

Happy Tuesday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment