Wednesday, January 19, 2011

freedom....

image from weheartit

Last night, after dark, our bicycles found themselves in our driveway for just a few minutes for musical cars.  And, just on a whim, I hopped on mine (a new Schwin commuter bike...love) and went pedaling down the street, planning to turn around in a nearby driveway, but I just kept going.  And went around the block...in the freezing cold...no jacket...just me, my bicycle, and the quiet outside playing with the wind.  It was freedom...if only for just a few minutes...just like when I was  a little girl, pretending that my bicycle was a school bus, riding up and down our farm house road, picking up little ones for the day and dropping them off a few houses down.  I love my bicycle.  Do you have one? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Tina! Popped over from the blog hop and was checking out a few posts. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post. I get it. I would do the same...why, just last week I built a snow fort and climbed inside :) Nice to meet you - love the photo of your Katie. We have a Katie too...

    ReplyDelete