Saturday, February 5, 2011

So what is it?


And can Jane Fonda help?  (read on) I've been thinking about asking this silly question on here for a while, so here goes.  I am not really a morning person, but since I have figured out that if I get up before the kids, I get some quiet time with my coffee and the blog world, and a little bit of a jump start on my morning before school.  Now, what I am, is a night owl.  For sure.  I love to stay up late after everyone has gone to bed and read, blog, craft, whatever... until at least 11 on school nights and after midnight on the weekends (don't laugh..I'm not a teenager anymore...I'm 40...so after midnight is good for me without the help of Starbucks).  Anyway, what I am getting at is, do you hit that afternoon slump about 3 PM where you just really don't want to do anything but sleep?  And the whole day looks like a big waste and you have no energy to get dinner started or chase kids around and pick up messes?  But then, about 5:30, it's like the light switch is turned back on and WOOHOO!! It's the evening so let's get this thing started?  What the heck is that all about?  I have had a nap every afternoon since we have been out of school for four days, so it's going to be rough to break that habit, and rough to get rid of the grouches in the middle of the afternoon before I leave for home.  I know there is scientific evidence and all that jazz that your serotonin levels drop in the afternoon, so what can we do about it?  What do you do?  I've thought about trying a Yoga or a Zumba class as soon as school gets out; I know it will help to also try for some fresh air as soon as it warms up here; but what are your suggestions?  What do you do to get out of that boring part of the day?  How do you energize again and get past the two hours that really make a day stink in such little time? And, by the way, did you know Jane Fonda has an anniversary workout DVD available?  For real!  Maybe I should try that.  She was in one of my magazines last month and she looks great! Jane Fonda: Prime Time - Fit & Strong.  And my sweet aunt passed along her original Jane Fonda workout gear to me not to long ago.  Maybe that's a sign.  You want to see pictures? :)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear what you find out, b/c I am in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start practicing taking 3 DEEP breathes several times through out the day. It helps circulation and gets more oxygen in the blood. I too am a night owl...my energy level drops, but my brain wont turn off! Makes it very hard to get up in the morning for that coveted "me" time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also...I have a very OLD Jane Fonda VHS tape that I converted to DVD/Computer file...it's a 15 minute morning workout that I just love, and being so short, is perfect for the morning, but just right to get the energy level up...maybe that would work in the afternoon too!

    ReplyDelete