Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thrift Haul: Bags, Christmas, Betty Crocker, and an owl or two...







We did well this weekend!  Take a look at that table...full of Christmas cookbooks and ribbon (coming to the shop soon), a few owls, some Butterprint Pyrex, and check out the bags!  Oh, the bags...I was so afraid those Dr. Pepper bags would be long gone on the second day of the sale, mid-morning, when we finally pulled in.  But all three were still there.  I think I should have purchased all three, do you?  Because I'm keeping this one.

The cookbooks are fun to read and I love to look at the pictures, and the Holiday one has party favor ideas in it.  The vintage Good Housekeeping is from the 50s and makes a great addition to the library.

See the Home Ec books?  I wonder if the lady of the house took classes or taught classes?  Or if they were her daughter's?  I'll try to figure it out and get back to you.

I'm pretty excited about what we came home with...even though the weekend looked pretty glum to start out with.

Linking up with Her Library Adventures

Back tomorrow with FREE CUPCAKES FROM SPRINKLES.  :)


blog signature 2

1 comment: