Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Apartment Pictures!

Here it is!  Well, part most of it.  It's a tiny little piece of real estate but it's ours, and after about a week of adjustment, we really like it here.  We don't mow, we don't spray for bugs, the clutter got sold so there is not much to clean, and I can vacuum the whole place from one plug (Dysons have extra long cords).  So, what are you waiting for?  Go look!  What do you think?  Pretty cute, huh?

Here's the living room, looking into the entry way, where there is a closet and the door outside.


And from the other direction.  See our IKEA hacked litter box under the window?  You would have never known if I hadn't told you.

My grandma's quilt makes my chair a prime spot.  See the doggy on the sofa?  She likes it here, too.


And the kitchen...it looks cluttered for some reason in this picture, and I'm wondering if it is because most of my storage in there is stainless steel?  Isn't that weird?  But the counters are clean minus the things we use every day.  See the kitty on the stove?  (Wait, what?  She's on the stove?  What in the...oh, yeah, I made muffins this morning, and it was warm.)  She likes it here, too.


And into the hallway....the silver spoon hallway....maybe I can buy some silver with all the money we save.  Oh, never mind.


The hallway splits to our bedroom and the bathroom.  I'm saving the bedrooms for later.  But here is my little crafty corner in the bedroom.  I like it lots.  I have just what I need and then some, and I brought my most treasured papers and things with me.  You knew I couldn't give all that up, didn't you?  Well, I didn't.  I'll add more storage details in my bedroom post.


We have struggled with one thing here.  Lighting.  We need more.  There are no overhead lights in the living room or our bedroom.  So....IKEA...here we come.  We found this one and really like how much more cozy the place is with a low swinging lamp.  It can be adjusted and the shade is paper so it's really light.  That comes in handy if you are taller than we are and you bonk your head on it.  Be careful...we have insurance...but be careful.  Ha.


See the kitty? He likes it here, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment