Thursday, July 25, 2013

Do-Overs are Awesome!

I didn't realize how little I had blogged this month until yesterday.  I've been too busy for my own good.  I need a calendar and a schedule.  Wait.  I have a bunch of those but I don't pay attention to them.

I am taking three classes this summer:  Find Your Voice, Summer of Love, and BUILD.  These phenomenal ladies are helping me become a better storyteller, a better journal artist, and a better blogger.  I can't say enough good about all three...but I am working my booty off!  That's a good thing.  :)

Tonight I'm sharing my Lesson 2 from Find Your Voice.  I decided that when I completed it the first time, I did it the way I would want YOU to see it, rather than just doing it the way that I would do it if I were true to myself.  So, I kept the folder that I started to save my worksheets in, and started a new journal in a Smash book.  I am using the Doodle edition.  It's perfect for being all about yourself! I'm also using some of my favorite vintage ephemera I've collected.  You know what else I've figured out?  Valspar paint samples are awesome to use in your paper crafts!  I've found three coupons for free ones in my House Beautiful and Martha Stewart magazines.  You can pick them up at Lowe's in tons of pretty colors.







The journal on this page reads:

"A girl. A woman. But sometimes a much younger person stuck in a 42 year old body that doesn't cooperate with my plans.  But then I'm an old soul and a lover of simpler times.  I make things and I love paper.  I'm inspired.  I'm hopelessly distracted almost all of the time.  Sometimes that's good and sometimes not. Sometimes I'm lost and haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up.  But then again I am who I want to be right now.  I figured out what adventure means mush later than what I wish.  But adventure is now and time marches on, and I march with it.  As me."

I just sat down and wrote and didn't stop until the thoughts stopped.  And it is the perfect picture of who I am.  How do you answer when someone asks who you are?  What do you identify with...or who?


No comments:

Post a Comment