Saturday, January 25, 2014

How to Make Pretty Valentine Vintage Paper Packaging with Parchment Paper


I found a box of old parchment paper squares in a tiny kitchen at an estate sale a few weeks ago, and thought they would be perfect for making little packages of vintage papers for Valentines. 


They are about 6X6.  I gathered up some of my favorite red, black, and white papers and put my sewing machine on the back porch...we've had lots of really cold weather but today was beautiful.  You can see at the end of the post what I included in the package.


I stitched three sides of the papers first.  I decided I liked alternating between a zig zag stitch and a straight stitch.  I didn't cut the end threads either.  It makes them look more altered that way.

Once I filled the package with my papers, I stitched the top with room enough to either tear the package open or cut it open.


I've had these tiny lettering stamps for ages, and the limited edition stamp is from Stampin' UP! a long time ago.  The date stamp that you see peeking out of the limited stamp is a vintage one that I use all the time. 


Here they are, all stitched up.  I love how the parchment makes them cloudy and mysterious...you don't know what you will find hiding inside.


But, for you, here is a picture of the contents.  Don't you love the 1800s calling card?  I have a few of these dapper gentlemen and some ladies that have been waiting for a romantic pack such as this.


A closer view...some old postage stamps, receipts, prescription pad, gold name  labels...what's not to love?   They are perfect for an artsy friend or one that collects old, pretty things.  

I'm thinking of making several individual unique papers and things available in the shop as just two or three pieces.  What do you think?  Do you like to buy one style of papers in a big package, or would you rather have them as simple little ephemera pieces all on their own? 

See you this week with more I've been working on this weekend.  It's been good for the soul.  Thanks for reading. 

2 comments:

  1. Luv this- I'm a paper seamstress too��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just stopped by your blog...I'm going to need some time to stay there a while. Such pretty things you have!

      Delete