Friday, June 18, 2010

We're taking a little trip...

...to Springfield, MO.  The lovely Elsie and Rachel live there, and I'm so sad that Red Velvet Art has closed its store front doors.  But, if you have been a reader of their blogs, the thrifting is marvelous, and that is why I want to go.  Yes, I am taking a vacation...to thrift.  I've heard of Charley's and Red Racks, and I am scoping out more and planning our route.  We will venture through Oklahoma on the way, and visit all the little shops.   My mom says drive two miles forward and one mile back.  We'll drive the original Route 66 and find all kinds of goodies...I just know it.  I promise to take lots of pictures when we go, so that you can travel vicariously through me, and eat pancakes at Aunt Martha's Pancake House in your dreams, take pictures downtown against all those cool brick buildings, and ride with the music turned up and everyone hollering STOP! when we see a fun place on the side of the road.  I'll take all but 3 seats out of the car so we have plenty of room for a mod rocking chair and some pretty vintage kitchen things. 
I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment