Thursday, July 29, 2010

Oh, my...

I can't believe I am actually going to do this, but you will be my accountability partner.  So, here we go.  Week 1 of a healthier me.  I took my  measurements this morning, 
and this picture. 


Now, I think that when it comes to weight issues, that honesty is good.  I think that it only adds to the misery if you can't be honest with yourself about what size you really are, and where you really want to be.  My grandma once told me...you wear a size 10 but a 12 feels so good that you buy a 14.  My aunt and I were laughing about that last week.  So funny.  Am I totally unhappy with my body?  NO.  Do I want to be healthier and more active?  Yes.  And fitting into smaller clothes would be an added bonus.  I don't feel like I look THAT bad.  In fact, my size is average for the American woman.  Average.  I used to be much larger about 7 years ago...at 188 pounds and almost a size 18...and I won't go there again.  I am much smaller than I ever was then, but my goal is to get back to dating weight (about 6 years ago)...at 135. 

This past week, I told you about my goals.   Here is what I have accomplished so far:
  • smaller portions/healthier meals (Zucchini is yummy!)
  • exercise daily (mostly strength training plus one day of run/walk) and lots of housework
  • physical therapy visits (I get at least 30 minutes of strength training for my upper body here...love)
  • kept my favorite foods, but not daily, and only a tiny portion.  no more eating 5 cakeballs daily.  haha!
  • and I have started an earlier rise/sleep schedule to get ready for school
Not bad, huh?

Now, here's the unedited truth about what size I am now. I measured this morning and will do so again every other week.  
  • weight:  162.4
  • waist: 39"
  • arm: 11.5"
  • hips: 41"
  • thigh: 22.75"
Now, my husband doesn't even know this.  So why am I telling you?  Really, I am telling myself.  I am a firm believer that if you right it down the truth stares you in the face.  Kind of like managing your money.  Write it down and you can't fudge on anything.  

My goals for measurements: 
  • waist:  30"
  • hips:  35"
  • weight:  135
  • arms:  9"
Now, I am not an expert.  I read three health magazines:  Women's Health, Health, and Fitness.  You might hear about things I try from their suggestions.  I am also under the care of two doctors and a physical therapist so that I don't do anything to mess with my overall health. 

My treat todayFree sweet tea at McAlister's Deli! And lunch with my little princess.

Alright, there you have it! And it was liberating for me to say it. 
This took some guts.

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya, and I'm with ya! I'll be here cheering you on! Go, Trina!

    Btw, that Katie is the cutest little bug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet friend .. you are so right about the writing it down part .. i will keep a close eye on you friend .. cheering loudly all the way .. think about the healthy example that you are setting for katie !! .. healthy choices .. that's what it is all about !! .. with a little chocolate mixed in of course :)

    ReplyDelete