Thursday, July 29, 2010

Feed Your Birdies {on Friday}


Yay!  A recipe to share with you today.  Have any rotten bananas laying around?  You need the brownest, nastiest ones.  Not kidding.  That makes for a super moist bread.  I used this recipe to make:

Banana Blueberry Bread
(we tried it last week too...and loved it)
I substituted WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR for the white flour.  The only BAD boy in this recipe is really the butter (oh, and the little bit of sugar), but I think real butter is better for you than margarine. There are also oats in the recipe.  Bananas, blueberries, lots of good things. 


My KitchenAid mixer has certainly earned its keep over the last five years or so.  I don't know what I would do without it.  Have really strong arms, I guess?


Be sure to coat those blueberries in flour before you fold them in.  (Note: don't use the mixer to do that either) 


 I put mine in a bundt pan instead of two loaf pans.

Bake at 325...and..........

 Turn it onto a cake pan...no, you aren't seeing things.  We must have a Christmas cake plate, so that we can forget about the 100 degree Texas heat we are about to embark upon. Oh, and this bread makes a great breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment