Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Green Play Doh Monsters and....two winners!

Katie and I found the cutest idea here for homemade play doh monsters with bouncy ball eyes.  We got the play doh recipe (no cook recipe...easy!) from Cooks. com.  We used this one.

1 c. flour
1 c. boiling water
2 tbsp. cream of tartar
1/2 c. salt
1 tbsp. oil
Food coloring
 
Mix and knead together. We used some extra flour and then turned it out on a thin towel and kneaded it with a dusting of flour too.  It's perfect!

We bought the bouncy ball eyes in a package of 30 at Target.  
 
 
Then we separated the dough and Katie gave eye transplants to each of the monsters.  Adorable.
 

And here they are finished and cooling off.  The dough is warm while you work with it.
 
 
16 little scary monsters!!
 
 
We packaged them in cellophane bags and added black satin ribbon and a tag that said:
 
I'm a green play doh monster
As scary as can be 
Take my bouncy eyeballs out
And then you can play with me!
 
Happy Halloween!
 
I think her friends will love them.  Don't you?

And, finally...the little (owl) birdie gets to fly home for the winter.  The winner of the birdie giveaway is.....

Lauren Fisher said...
My little girl LOVES Owls! Lauren LRod23@aol.com
and also:
Sheridan said...
I love all of em'!! Especially love Katie modeling w/ them. :) I love that you commented on my post (so fun to read comments...I read them over and over...I really do!), and I decided to give both of you a birdie!  So email me at smartypantsart (at) gmail (dot) com, with your address and I will send them out this weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment