Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 in Books

{Inspired by an English teacher friend of mine}Here's a peek (I wish I had written all of them down) at what was in my nightstand and magazine rack this year.  I am a bookworm by design and I indulge quite frequently at the library and through subscriptions.  Maybe you will find something new to inspire you to read more in 2011.  Here you go! 

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
was my number one favorite read this  year.  I loved the dialect and the setting of the story. 





The Icing on the Cupcake by Jennifer Ross
This one was a light read, but it started my current obsession with baking/cooking mysteries and novels.  Very cute book!




The Year We Disappeared by Cylin and John Busby
Could...not...put this one down.  It was such an awesome story to read.  It is a memoir by a father/daughter who endured the pain of a shooting and having to hide from their stalker.

Buffalo Gal by Laura Pederson
I'm reading this one now.  One word.  Funny.  My husband and his family grew up in Buffalo, and I always say I want to move there with him because of the snow.  After reading this one, maybe I wouldn't like quite so much snow.  Haha!


Cake Pops by Bakerella
Of course, cookbooks are valid reading! I love to read them more than I use them, I am a bit embarrassed to say.  But this one has the cutest pops in it (including owls..eeek!) and it's a fun read.  Go get it!  Especially if you can get her autograph when you do.  What fun we had that day!




Handmade Marketplace by Kari Chapin
A must read for all of you that want to start an independent craft business.  Great ideas! 


Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth
I RAN to the store and bought this one as soon as it came out hoping it would jump start my diet last year.  My thoughts?  Hmmm...a little on the strange side, and I lost the weight without the book. So...


And last, but not least, here are my favorite magazines.  But a tip before I list them.  I can pick up current issues that are donated at my library for 25 cents each (thrifty!).  Have you tried that?  It's a great way to try new ones as well!

Lucky
Health
Women's Health 
Self
Glamour
Family Circle
Woman's Day

Hope you found something you liked!  I will try to update my reading list for you from time to time. 









1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I'm dying to read The Help. I've got to get on that. Thanks for the inspiration, sweet friend! There's no time like january to start a resolution to read more:)

    ReplyDelete