Sunday, January 30, 2011

I need to clean up my kitchen

It's not the dirty dishes. Or mopping the floors. It's the food. I am trying, just for today, to eat no junk. (So far so good, but it's only 11:45.) And then (I guess I better let my family know this, huh?), to not buy it to sit out any more except the occasional treat. The more we eat it, the more we crave it (I'd pay a premium for Hostess chocolate donuts right now)...and the worse we feed ourselves.


Chocolate chip cookies from last night...


Shortbread left from Christmas...


Pretzel M&Ms, Reese's, and Hershey's Kisses...


Hostess Strawberry Cupcakes and Little Debbie snacks...


Junk cereal. We don't even do that right. No wonder I'm grouchy and don't feel good. This stuff stays out all the time. We stopped for frozen yogurt piled with tons of fresh fruit yesterday, and it dawned on me that keeping healthy food in the house isn't any more expensive than that $2.50 bag of candy, so why am I much more willing to buy it instead? I hope I can weed this stuff out and buy fresh food that keeps the weight off and us a much healthier bunch. Don't get me wrong...I'll still bake brownies and pick a little splurge now and then, but keeping it out all the time is (not) for the birdies. I'll keep you posted. (Not pictured: the big bag of Skittles I devoured this week). Ugh.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: