Monday, April 4, 2011

It was all Martha's idea...


Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my bows!  I have more cuties to show you when I finish my paper projects.  I have to confess though.  It was all Martha's idea.  I just tweaked it a little and used maps instead of magazines.  But you could use anything you want!  They are super easy.  Only one little tip:  it took me about 3 trial bows to make them full and pretty.  I figured out that after you make both loops with one strip, you can slide the center up or down as needed to make the loops even on both sides, and that makes a huge difference.  Does that make sense?  I will take pictures for you when I make more. Here are some other sites that have tutorials on these bows:



(what she said; craft at your own risk; this is highly addicting!! and I like the brad idea instead of using double sided tape) 

featured a flickr tutorial from 
newgreenmama

Have fun, and show me what you make!
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Thanks so much for this, I may give it a shot since I have little gifts I need to make in the next couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete