Wednesday, August 17, 2011

High School Home Ec...

My other career is teaching Career and Technical Education for Allen ISD. I love it there. This will be my 10th year to teach! Wow! Today at in-service we toured the new CTE facility. Now, you must understand that when people drive through Allen, TX, looking for the high school, they mistake the school building for the mall. It's that big. But we like it that way. We are a one high school town. This, is what it's all about...sports, community, and opportunity like no one else...they don't make 'em like they used to. Gordon Ramsay would be jealous...so would Anderson Cooper...look at what the community built for these kids...I even squealed a little (ok, a lot!) and my peers got a giggle out of that one. How embarrassing! Ha!

First, this is looking into the entrance. Check the giant TV made up of several screens. We watched them finish it up. See the man below? That's how big it is.



Looking out from the inside...



Then our full hi-def news studio with the coolest equipment. Our news team has won several awards for their newscast.



Their stage lights up.



An interview station...



Makeup room and green room...







Macs...



Cameras...



Then we move to the culinary arts center...with a fully functional restaurant, coffee bar, and catering service. Yeah, I'll be eating gourmet for lunch.















Looking in the restaurant. Those are boxes of hotel quality dinnerware.



The coffee bar...



Looking back toward the kitchen...







Animal Science rooms...you can bring your pets for shots or to be groomed by students learning the profession...







Two health science rooms where our students can become CNAs or get EMS certification.











Computer science, engineering, and drafting classes. Also fashion merchandising, education, and a school store run by marketing and accounting students.







Here are some of the plans...the details...



I see a detailed, beautiful future for our kiddos. I'm so proud to be able to call myself an Eagle! blog signature 2

2 comments:

  1. Wow...looks like a college. Beautiful. First time to your blog. Learning the ropes. You're a teacher? Home Ec? Me too...home ec major... I, however, just left my job, early retirement...and am using the time to start a blog. I will check back with your blog in the days to come. Mine is taking shape, designed by my daughter (All Kinds of Complicated)...so good luck. Mine is called (Reinventing the Ordinary). I'll let you know when its ready. Until then feel free to correspond at blmarket@aol.com. School's starting, so your probably busy....have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic school... wow!! You really should be proud to work there... that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete