Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Sprinkles: Update on my craft space!

Still working away on my French Provincial desk find, and it's taking three coats of prime and paint for every little detail on this big piece, but it's coming along.  The most exciting part is that every piece that gets moved in hides a little more of the clutter that was spread out for the world to see before.  Yay!  I wasn't going to use the last piece, which is more the size of a dresser, but I want to put everything I have for Kate and I in this one spot...a one spot crafting area of sorts...and my sewing machine will live here too.

I decided to spray the drawer pulls a gloss black, and while I was at it, I thought the chair would look great the same color.  I found a roll of white vinyl I had stored away and gave the chair a new seat as well, then sat on it so my son could get it put back together...haha! 

I'm so happy with the red, and so happy to have a nifty space that cost next to nothing.  In the next post, I'll tell you what paint and supplies I used to finish it.  And to tide you over, here are some updated pictures!

P.S.  I've started my #30Lists book...have you started yours?  Wait, what?  You aren't registered yet?  You better go do it!  Click the button on my right sidebar.  It'll take you right where you need to go!

1 comment: