Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Problem for Bloggers..and Blog Readers

I love my little blog, and I don't plan on it going anywhere, but I want to make sure that it's all that I want it to be too.  I also love my little vintage shop, and I have so many things to photograph and add and offer, and summer is only a few weeks away. 

I haven't had much time to read my favorite blogs either.   And a lot of them are inspiration to keep on truckin'.

One thing I've not really ever taken time to do is organize my thoughts and ideas into an actual blog calendar.  And I have so many things I want to share, and then I forget about them or I just think I'll post it later, and then I don't.  So, I'm starting a calendar today.  Yay! 

Here's the problem.  I teach high school.  It's super busy up there right now, and by the time I get home, I still have real life to take care of...homework, baths, dinner, dog and cats, laundry, you know...the usual.  And by the time I sit down, if I do, my little blog is on the back burner and gets no attention. 

My blog isn't a job, and it never has been.  It's my therapy.  I don't intend for it to make any money; my shop makes a little bit of play money and that is A-OK.  Sooooo...

With all that I want to write here, do I just put it in a calendar and hang on until school gets out and then go with it?  Or do I try to squeeze in time amid all of the evening activity to write maybe twice each week?  Or can I wait until summer starts and then just pour it all out in one big puddle every day?  Am I a summer blogger?  A Christmas break blogger?  But, wait, it's kind of my journal, so do I write every day?

And that brings me to my shop as well.  Open in summer and on holidays?  Limited quantities and limited access?  Or leave it open year round with little activity when I am SO stinking busy that I can't see straight?

There's the real side of it.  What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment