Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Make a Pocket Journal from Vintage Stationery


Remember the Just-A-Note stationery from Current?  I have tons of it, and found that it makes really cute pocket journals.  Wrap in pretty lace and tie a bow; write down your thoughts and hide it away, or give to a friend who needs a little pick-me-up!

Here's how.

Supplies:
one Just-A-Note folded stationery sheet (or any heavy stationery/card stock cut to size)
vintage ledger paper
lace
embroidery floss to match
paper stitching needle (I got mine from Making Memories a LONG time ago, but a denim or quilting needle might work too)
paper piercer

Measure the main part of the note and cut your ledger paper to fit leaving about 1/4 inch less at the top, bottom, and sides. I cut 5 pieces of ledger paper to make 10 pages when it's folded.

Fold ledger paper in half, and place it in the middle fold of your note.

Pierce through the ledger paper and the note using the paper piercer about every 1/2 inch.  Watch your fingers; that thing can get mean. Gees, I need a manicure.

Thread your needle with embroidery floss, and use a running stitch down the outside of the note, through the ledger paper.  At the end, tie a simple knot to keep it from coming loose.




You could even place a stamp on the front and address it, and send to a friend far away. I think I just might do that.

1 comment: