Friday, June 22, 2012

Vault: Snapshots (vintage printable pictures)

The vault opened up today instead of Wednesday.  ;)  Here are some awesome vintage snapshots that I love.  The grass skirt man was taken in 1937 and the story on the back reads, "June 21, 1937--Try this on your (unreadable)? Just a few minutes before the Dr. took the cast off.  Think it's cute?  In our back yard looking west--steps leading to chicken pen--also to Nelly the goat."  Haha!  So funny... I love it when there are stories that go with the photos that we find.  I wonder why he had a cast?  Did he have back surgery?  Was it his wife that took the picture?  And I wonder why she put what the steps lead to? 

I love the mug of the lady too.  I bet it was a school snapshot gone bad, and it had to be redone.  I don't know that for sure, but it's fun to imagine, isn't it? 

The little green man is a sleeve that some old photos came in.  He's cute.  You could order three 4X6 enlargements on heavy portrait paper.  I guess that size was a new thing. :)

Enjoy!  Click this link to print them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment