Monday, June 10, 2013

Apartment Patio: Makeover










The first project of the summer is our tiny patio at our apartment.  It is about a 6X8 space with pretty white railing and a concrete floor.  We store our bicycles out there and had some random things cluttering up the area, so we haven't used it yet.  I cleaned up the area and started looking for inspiration on what to put out there.

I want it to serve two purposes:  one, that we would have an al fresco dining area, and two, that Katie and I could play/read/do homework/sit out there and enjoy the courtyard.  It's beautiful and there are always bunnies hopping by or neighbors walking their dogs.  

I searched for rugs, a table and chairs, plants, decor, and sweet little bits that would make it a place that not only we would want to be, but a small area to entertain a friend or two on occasion.  

We painted the top of the table a bright turquoise and then sanded the legs.  The other chairs will get a fresh coat as soon as we decide on a color.  The mid-c tables, cat paint-by-number, and industrial "C" came from estates, as did the wooden hangers.  I printed the quote on heavy card stock and hung it on the most worn chair. The mat (rug) came from World Market

I had my first cup of coffee and quiet time out there this morning, and I'm in love with the space already.  I'll add a few more plants and pretty flowers, and then invite you over for a visit.  


No comments:

Post a Comment