Monday, June 10, 2013

What's coming up this summer...on the blog!



I'm so glad to be back here again, and I hope this jump start will give me the momentum to keep my blog running smoothly from now until, well, a very long time.

Here is what I have planned to journal:

1.  Vintage Cake of the Month:  I'm reading the book, Vintage Cakes, and I thought it would be fun to bake one or two each month and offer to share it with friends on Wednesday evenings on my newly decorated patio.  I found the copy of the this book at my local library; you might check there, too, if you want to bake along.

2.  Apartment Life in the Summer:  the pool, the projects, and living the summer in a small space.  I am hoping to save money and find more to do here rather than spend my time doing too much shopping this season.  Sorry, Target.

3.  Pillowcase of the Week:  And my bed, deconstructed.  William and I love to go see what's under all those comfy blankets and linen on the beds at Pottery Barn (don't you?), and we fell in love with the dreamy beds we slept in at Bed and Breakfast stays.  So, one plan I have this summer is to recreate those beds, piece by piece, on the cheap, and finish the summer off with a cozy little nest for winter.  In the meantime, vintage pillowcases are one of my very favorite things, and I use them on my bed every day.  I'll share them with you. 

4.  Katie's Thrift Finds:  I thought it would be fun to share what my little mini-me picks up at the thrift when we go.  You'll be surprised at what she finds!

5.  Furniture Makeovers:  We still have a few pieces that we brought with us to the new place that need a facelift. 

6.  Project Life:  I'm jumping in head first.  Using Studio Calico kits and some things I have in my own stash. 

7.  And so much more randomness that you expect from me anyway...  

This blog is a little bit about everything, and there is no other way to put it.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment