Friday, December 6, 2013

Document Your Favorite Holiday Songs with Megan!


Hi! I'm Megan from The Nerd Nest and I LOVE holiday music (in December, that is). So of course I'm so happy to be here at Feed the Birdies for Five Days of Jingles!

I want to make sure that my love of holiday music is preserved in my daily holiday documenting this year, so I made a mini album page all about music! For those of you participating in Ali Edwards's December Daily, this is a really good prompt that you can use in on a day you forgot to take photos.


For a photo on the page, I picked out some of my favorite holiday albums from my record collection and lined them up together on the floor. My husband took the photo by standing on a table and looking directly down at the albums. Other great photos to take are stacks of holiday CDs, a screenshot of a holiday playlist on your computer, a photo of carolers or live music, or a photo of you, friends, or family dancing along to holiday tunes.


For journaling, I just included a list of some of my favorite Christmas song titles! You can also list favorite lyrics, journal how a specific holiday song makes you feel, or ask family members to include their favorites too. We sometimes forget to document the less visual aspects of our lives, like things we hear, touch, and smell, but music is such an important part of the holiday season that it deserves to be documented right along with photos of those twinkling lights. I hope you'll join me in documenting your favorite holiday songs!

Megan can be found at The Nerd Nest, where she blogs about (and sometimes with) her family of crafty nerds! This post was inspired by her 2013 Holiday Album and prompts from Daily Doc // Holiday Edition. When she's not dancing around to holiday songs, she's going on nerdy adventures with her family, spending time filling up Project Life albums, reading big stacks of books, and making stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment