Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Man With the Bag: Ephemera as Christmas Decor


Here's a peek around my home this holiday season. Some of the things I love to collect are old games and game pieces, and this Santa Hi Ho Cherry-O is one I just can't part with. I like to set old board games around all the time, just because the boxes and boards are so neat! And it reminds me so much of this song.



I also use record sleeves to decorate. Here are two on little vintage laundry hangers. They hold them well if your wooden hangers are otherwise occupied.


See the paint by number winter scene above? They are sometimes hard to come by, but I scored this one for $2. 

Remember how needlework with sequins was so popular? Man, I can't get enough of the Christmas ones. We have it all over the place. 


One last favorite is the bottle brush trees and tiniest little deer on my old record console. Aren't they darling? We have a zoo of little animals and Katie thought it was grand to have them all play in our snow one night. We even had apes in the trees! 

I'd love to see the vintage in your home. Use the hashtag #fivedaysofjingles or link us up below! 

Thank you for being patient with me today. Sometimes life throws a curve ball and things don't go as planned. I've dusted off my knees and I am back up. Meltdowns are on hold for now, because this is a joyous season. Good night! 


No comments:

Post a Comment