Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday (Monday) Sort: Vintage Vogue, Garfield, Birds, and French!


This past weekend couldn't have been a better one. Lots of family time, pretty lake in the background, a clean cabin, good food, and not a care (almost) in the world. I needed that! It's back to school and back to reality today, but that's ok...it's good. 

Tonight I spent some time sorting some recent finds from just thrifting. You never know what you're going to get when you walk in a thrift shop, do you? Some days it's chicken, and then next time it's feathers. That Vogue sewing book made my heart sing, though. It's dated 1970, but, hey, I'll take it.



I can't pass up a good book of any kind. I've been collecting these old art books for a friend of mine. I know where they are in her classroom just in case I get lonely for them.



Holiday Magazine is hard to find! I've been lucky a few times. Have you seen an issue? I've heard that it is making a comeback.



Hollie Hobby, Santa picks, and a tiki guy. What a mix. But, oh, so kitschy and cute!



A 1975 TV Guide is hilarious to read again. I also found this Coronet magazine. Never have seen that before. And the Very Personally Yours is a 1961 information pamphlet from Kotex. Haha!



Who can resist a little 1960s correspondence?



These 1940s bird flash cards are so, so cool. I'll have a hard time parting with them. Maybe I won't. :)



You know I won't leave Mr. Dennison behind, and these cute boxes will be great for paper ephemera packaging. And don't you love the typewriter ribbon tin with Saturn and stars? There were three. I should have gotten them all.



Holy High School! Care Bears book covers! I'll list them soon!




Well, of course, kitties!!



And kitties includes Garfield. Check the stationery. Oh, my pen pals will love it!



And, finally, these are so cool I might have to learn French. Wouldn't you want to?



Thanks, everyone, for stopping by. I'm really humbled by all the readers I've had that come to visit lately, and you are why I do this. I love sharing these finds with someone who loves them too. Have a good night and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment