Sunday, July 25, 2010

Almost there...our mid-century living room

Today we picked up some great chairs that have taken a long time and picky choosing to find.  I wanted some 1950s style flat armed chairs, and we found a set of four at a local estate sale.  I wanted all of them.  We bought two.  They are in almost new condition...I can't believe that the owners used them very much at all.  They look like pretty sisters in our living room, don't they? 

 (you have to laugh at the crooked "C" in the picture.  
Katie thinks it's fun to jump back and forth between the chairs and knocked it off the wall)

I am so proud of these!  We got them and the foot stools for $175.  A deal, I think.  
We have pretty much outfitted our entire living area for around $400.  Here's the detail:

Mid-Century coffee table:  $15 (estate find)
Mid-Century Sofa:  $100(estate...again pristine!)
Chairs and ottomans: $175
Mid Century foot stools:  $5 and $2 (estate/not pictured.  They are aqua and orange.)
And the little things:
Sears Radio:  $2 (estate...see it on the end table?  It works.)
Metal end tables:  (less than $100/eBay)
Black rotary phone: $5 (estate)
Milk glass:  given to me by my mother-in-law
Throw Pillows:  old ones I covered in new Target covers.  $2.50 each
My sweet aunt found this little table placemat(?) or pillow top(?) in her storage.  Love it. And an owl pillow was there too.  I love owls.  Did you know that?  I think you did.

Now the hunt is on for some mid-century lamps.  Target ones have done well, but we have to finish the picture.  It's almost there!


3 comments:

  1. Looks great! You'd be so jealous of the lamp Ryan and I found at an estate sale here. Mid-century, metal, the three bulbs on the stand that you always see. LOVE LOVE LOVE! 20 bucks! If you're ever in my hood (Coit and Arapaho), Friday afternoons are the best. I live in a house built in 59, and I hate to say it, but people die around me all the time. Estate sales here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great job on the bargain hunting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love. I am still loving your wall collage too.

    ReplyDelete