Monday, November 8, 2010

Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey...

I spent the day craving cake balls...and Melissa is going to bring me some on Thursday.  But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, diet or no diet, when you crave chocolate; you know, like every girl does every now and then.  So, I came home and made black bottom cupcakes...from scratch.  Don't worry, Mel and Sarah...I will bring you one tomorrow. 
I have the cookbook, Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey,: Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth and I am embarrassed to say it was a good read, but I hadn't used it yet.  But, oh, will I be using it again!  Here we go!
(I apologize for what I am about to show you that will sabotage every calorie count that you have completed this week, and make your mouth water...and...)


It's a simple recipe, really... flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking soda, oil, boiling water, vanilla, and...apple cidar vinegar?  Yep. But didn't they bake pretty? 
Here, let me show you again:
 And then you get to dip them in that bowl of chocolate glaze.  Do you really want to know what's in there?  Butter, cocoa, vanilla, and semi-sweet chocolate chips...topped off with light Karo syrup.   
 Let the cupcakes cool, then dip...double dip...triple dip 
And now look at these pretties. 
I could hardly keep the kids at bay while the icing set...finally..."Bo, do you want a cupcake?" (loud crash and "Ow.") He hurt himself trying to get to the kitchen at lightning speed.  "How were they?" Great, mom.
Tomorrow, I will update you on my diet.  haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment