Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back to my roots... {Fat Pencil Diaries}

I've come to the conclusion that it's time for me to start scrapbooking again.  I haven't done it in, oh, two years or better?  I've read and watched and shopped scrapbooking, and I have a plethora of supplies that are mostly used for cards and other things, but my pictures could use some serious attention.  They are almost all on the drive on the computer, and I have forgotten what I have shared and what I have not.  I was reading Melissa's post about Peyton's birthday, and realized that I need to go back to documenting family and events like that (she will tell you she doesn't scrapbook, but she does, really, just on her blog...shhh...don't tell her that).  It's been a long time.  In the move, I found some sweet scrapbook pages of a tiny little girl that is now five.  Look: 


It's the journaling and the pictures that help me remember how many cute things she did and how much we are so in love with her and were then too.  

Journaling (top page):  July 25, 2007 Katie:  cramming handfuls of spaghetti noodles in your mouth and rubbing your buttery fork in your hair.  Daddy:  How long do they eat messy?  Mommy:  I don't know; she'll get better.  Daddy:  I hope she doesn't do this on her first date! 

Journaling (bottom page):  Oh my goodness!  What are all the fusses about?  We hardly ever see youlike this---so tears freak us out!  Is it your teeth--your tummy?  Did you give her some Tyleonl?? Even the cat comes running to see what is up--oh my goodness!  6/07...journaled 7/26/07

That's what I want to remember.  Not if my blog was better than your blog, or how many followers I had, can edit my photos with the best software, or what my stats looked like yesterday.  I just want to look back and see the faces of my kids from years ago, with journaling to help remind me exactly what we/they were thinking/doing.  That is what my original purpose of this blog was, to share these memories and to dash in as much creativity as I could to inspire you to do the same thing.   
So, expect more of that.  More memories, more pictures, more fun, and more ideas.  I'll give you details, and you enjoy them.  And then make something to help you remember too, ok?  
And, thanks, Mel, for the wakeup call, even though you didn't know it! 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment