Thursday, June 23, 2011

Polka Dots and Postage Stamps



Two random but fun things...

I found ziploc bags full of cancelled postage stamps today at an estate sale.  I already have my father-in-law's collection of postage stamps, but I am hesitant to use them because of the sentimental value, other than for projects and gifts for family. (I am planning to use those for a giant collage for our home, maybe this summer.)  Anyway, these needed a home for projects and for my vintage paper shop.  I love digging through them.  Some are from Hong Kong (I love the ones in the middle picture), Singapore, Philippines, United States, and all over the world.  So pretty. 



Second, a little missy that just happens to be my "niece" via BFF...Melissa...turns two tomorrow!  I got her a ladybug Pillow Pet, so I of course needed to make a polka dot card to go with it.  Two funny things about this card:  one, the dots should be black (ha!) and the background red, and two, I put that she was three on the inside!  LOL!  She's only two...I was hurrying her along for her momma's sanity I guess.  :)  It's cute anyway.  I promise to replace the "3" with at "2," Mel! This is just a simple little card using card stock and a 1" circle punch, and one rubber stamp.  Easy as pie!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment