Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Favorite Things: A Vintage Gift of Pencils



Pencils?  Yes, pencils.  I'd be tickled all red and green to get these for a gift.  I love old pencils, and they are plentiful at estate sales, so you can find them almost any time! This little package also reminds me of this song...


Go ahead and sing along while you read!  (Are you going to watch it this week?  I can't wait...it's been years since I have seen it.)

I've also figured out that a vintage coin roll paper (dime size) is perfect for wrapping three pencils.  Isn't that cool?


Here's what you need:

  • old pencils
  • vintage coin roll paper
  • ric rac, lace, or ribbon
  • shipping tag
  • vintage Christmas gift tag
  • washi
  • vintage dictionary page
  • felt christmas tree, snowflake, or some similar ephemera (I found my tree in a bunch of old ornaments at an estate sale...isn't it darling?)



Put your pencils in the coin wrapper.  I added a strip of vintage dictionary page about an inch wide and just wrapped it until it was all used.  Adhere it to the coin wrapper.  Attach the felt tree.  Wrap lace around the bottom of the tree and then ric rac around the middle.  Adhere the vintage gift tag to the shipping tag and add some washi tape for flare.  Tie the tag to the pencils with the ric rac ends.

I know just who is going to get this little present.  I made it with her in mind, and she's as crazy over pencils as I am.

Want to show us how you'd wrap a little pack of pencils like this?  I'd also like to try it with the big fat yellow pencils, too.  Wouldn't you?

Play along using the hashtag #fivedaysofjingles and tag me on Instagram and Twitter @feedthebirdies.  You can also link us up in the comments!

See you this afternoon with a special guest, Allie from Alexandra Rae Design.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment